Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Icicle Watch




In winter, when it gets really cold, there is a big icicle that grows by the back door. It is so big and thick. Every day it gets bigger. I love to watch it drip. I can barely see it freeze. After a while when it gets warmer the whole thing crashes down.



When the icicle is still on the side of the house, we all hope that it touches the ground and connects. It actually has done this before, but usually it falls to the ground. It is disappointing when you watch it grow and then it falls down. Icicles are interesting to me. I like to study the cool rough lines on them. They are also tasty, too.



The little icicles that hang on the side of the house look so decorative there. From the kitchen window I can see them when I am drying dishes. They are amazing because I like the way that they freeze and hang on.



One of the biggest icicles in the world is 27 feet long. It was found hanging from a bridge in Scotland. That is huge. It is bigger than I am. Ours would only be seven feet tall if it grew all the way down to the deck floor.



I love to watch icicles. They are terrific. God made them special. That’s why I like them.


~Unique

No comments: