Thursday, February 3, 2022

Frozen Fun Ice



A few days ago on an especially cold day, I walked slightly toward the pond, and I saw that it was frozen over. I turned and went to the driveway and got some rocks. I had an idea!



I ran back to the pond and began to throw them across the cold thick ice. I listened as the rock made a strange, interesting sound. I liked the cool sound and threw more rocks on it.

 

The ice was thick and then I decided to take lots of pictures of the amazing pond. It was fun to do. Then all of the sudden I thought about ice skating. The Frog Pond might be frozen, too.

 
Samuel and Isaac wanted to come too. We told Dad where we were going and set off to the Frog Pond! When we arrived, we all looked. IT WAS FROZEN! Hurray! Then it was time to test it. Samuel had a stick and tapped on the ice.
 
 
I was scared at first, but then the boys said the edge was safe. I stayed on the edge and skated. Samuel started to go toward the middle. CRACK went the ice! We ran off because we knew it was NOT ready. On the way back the boys said it would be ready tomorrow. I couldn’t wait till the ice was ready for skating.



The next day, us six kids went to the ice. We had to test it again. This time it was ready. I was excited! We skated around and played ice hockey in our boots. It was terrific. Everyone heard another crack, but it was just the top layer. There were three layers. We continued the fun and then I got a little cold. Everyone was ready to go back. So was I. We went back to the house and went inside.

 
We had all had a fun day. I sat down and drank hot chocolate and ate cookies. They were delicious. As the day wound down and we went to our beds, I was happy for I was tired.
~Unique

No comments: