Friday, October 1, 2021

Autumn Acorns Again!

It is autumn! I like it when it is autumn. 

The oak trees are starting to drop their acorns.  They are the seed of the tree.  Oak trees start making acorns when they are twenty years old.  They are amazing because they can produce lots of acorns.  One tree can make up to 90,000 acorns a year!  Pigs, donkeys, horses, mice, deer, and squirrels eat the acorns.

My favorite thing to do when we have lots of acorns is to paint faces on them. That is very fun to do. I go outside and find them laying on the ground.  I pick them up and take them inside. Then I draw faces on them. I sometimes like to keep the cap on their heads and draw hair.

With leaves from oak trees, I made a tree on a piece of paper. It took glue, sticks, leaves, and a marker. It was amazing. I first glued the leaves to a piece of paper.  I used the marker to draw the trunk.  Then I glued sticks on the trunk. Did you know that oak trees can live up to a thousand years old? Now you know!

I like autumn because there are a lot of things to do with acorns and leaves and sticks. The oak is incredible! 

~Unique

No comments: