Saturday, October 9, 2021

Indications of Fall

Each day lately that I walk outside to do the feeding, I feel the chilly breeze blow on my face. It tells me that is winter is on its way. I walk down the driveway to feed the cats and dogs and I notice the red, orange, and the yellow leaves that have fallen. I stop to admire them and then I go about my way.


When we take a drive to town, I spot that the farmers’ corn and beans are being harvested before the plants die. I enjoy watching them combine it down. It is very dusty work. Our corn here at Providence Prairie was harvested about two weeks ago. I got to ride in the combine when they were harvesting it.


As we drive along, I see pumpkins, gourds, and mums are being put out for decoration. We have gourds and corn in front of our house. It is fun to decorate for fall. It is exciting to know that fall is here because it is such a pretty time of year.

~Isaac









No comments: