Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Six Altogether

On Tuesday morning, Samuel and I went down to do the feeding. On the way down, we did not see Karina anywhere, so Samuel and I started to look for her. We went down to the rabbit hutches and looked in one of the wooden nest boxes. There she was, curled up in a little ball with two kittens! Samuel and I ran as fast as we could up to the house and told everyone the exiting news! They all went down to see them.


One kitten is black and the other one is grey with black stripes. We do not know which of the kittens is a boy or a girl yet, but we have the black kitten’s names picked out. If it is a girl, her name will be Raven. If it is a boy his name will be Jet. I cannot wait to hold them.


Last year when Karina had her kittens, we made a kitty castle out of old used cardboard boxes. The kittens loved their castle. They played in it, slept in it, and they even ate in it. It was fun to watch them play. I hope to make a castle again this year.


Yesterday, Calliope our other cat was having her kittens! We were about to go to bed when I saw her. She was having them in between the two wooden containers we use to hold our walking sticks, and baseball bats. This morning I went outside to see how many kittens she had, and I saw four! Two are dark grey, and the other two are light grey.


We are all extremely excited! We now have a total amount of six kittens all together! Karina’s kittens’ eyes are almost open! Calliope’s kittens’ eyes will be open in about a week! I cannot wait to hold Karina and Calliope’s kittens. My favorite time to hold the kittens is when they are big enough to start playing.


~Jonah

No comments: