Monday, March 28, 2022

Naming the Lambs

We recently had some sheep have their lambs. They are so cute. Each year, we name our lambs from the alphabet, starting with the letter A.


Last year, we had oodles of lambs, so we had all kinds of names for them. We made it to the letter F. One of the lambs died, so we named that one Dianne.



This year we have named them the same way again. I am excited to name the lambs once more! A long time ago, Samuel named a lamb Patchy. I liked that name. We are going to start again at A. I am ready and can’t wait to get started. Mama comes up with great names.


We have lots of baby lambs this year. Some are Jacob sheep and this year we have Katahdin sheep too. They are completely white. Those lambs are my favorite. Our lambs’ names are, Arnold, Benedict, Cedric, Dianne, Edward, Gordon, Fawn, and Horatio.


We have only one more Jacob sheep to have her lamb. She is going to have it soon. I wonder if she will have one or two and whether it will be a girl or boy. Naming the lambs is very fun to do. I look forward to naming the new lambs next year!

~Unique

No comments: