Sunday, September 12, 2021

Stick and Leaf Houses

Last summer, Jonah, Samuel, Unique, and I each made our own stick and leaf house that we could go into. We started building them behind the house, but Dad said to build them in the playground because it would be more fun. We had to gather lots of leaves and lots of sticks. We needed lots of branches and string. I built mine like a tent. I was excited! I made the structure out of sticks and then I put leaves on it.

We got a garbage bag and stuffed them with leaves. Then that night we got to sleep on them. The beds were poky and not that comfortable, but it was exciting to sleep in it.

We made mail boxes out of rocks for our house. I was the mailman. I like to be the mailman. It was fun when everyone came over and played in them.

About a month later it collapsed. It was sad. Later I built another one. I was happy to build another one. I built this one a lot stronger. Our stick and leaf houses were fun to build.

~ Isaac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that Isaac!!! That would be a great adventure!!! Keep up the good work!