Monday, January 10, 2022

Fun With Snow!

A few days ago, I woke up to a big surprise! It had snowed a lot during the night.  The flakes were still falling as I did my chores. It looked wonderful falling down to the earth.  The ground was covered with a white blanket.

When I was finished with my chores, I put on several layers of clothes, and I was finally ready to play in the white snow! I grabbed my sled as fast as I could and took it to Minikin Rill where there was a perfect trail.  My sled and I went rapidly down the long hill.  It was great, but I finally got cold.

 After I was finished, I went inside to warm up by the wood stove.  It was toasty and felt swell. After I was all warmed up, Mom told us, “If you go fill a cup up with snow, I’ll make you snow cones.’’  We all ran out the door to fill our cups. Everyone heaped their cups high with snow. The ice crystals were very cold. When we went back inside, Mama put flavoring on the snow cones.  The flavor she had made was watermelon. It was fantastic! We enjoyed every bit.  They were so delicious!

Later, I peeked out the window and saw that the snow was melting a little bit, so I went out and took a sled and went down the hill repeatedly.  I had a lot of fun.  Once, I fell in the white blanket and got snow down my back. I got cold again. When I came back inside, I warmed up and sipped some delightful hot chocolate.  Mmm, it was good!

The next day, the snow had disappeared, and was pretty much gone.  But, there was just enough to have a snowball fight. We all had fun in the snow.

For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; Job 37:6  

                                          ~Unique

No comments: