Thursday, June 22, 2023

From Day To Day



Samuel McDaniel is my name;

I’m 15 years old but feel the same.

I like to catch some little things,

some mice, some snakes, even when they’re mean.


I am pretty wild when I am,

I’ll climb a big tree because I can.


I’ll jump a fence that’s four feet high,

to hear my watchers, say oh my!



I’ve got some plans, and I am not lying,

I want to try some wild bull riding!


I gone fishing and done some roping.

I’ll catch a coon today I am hoping.


I like to wrestle; I like to fight.

might get hurt, but that’s alright.

It’s all for fun after all,

and the hurts I get are rather small.


I like to play a few fun sports,

like football and basketball and things of that sort.

I hit the ball, with all my might,

The ball goes far, almost out of sight!


I’ve run to first, after dropping the bat.

Past second and third and on past that!

I am now at home; I’ve finally made it.

Baseball is by far my favorite.


I like the cold; I like the heat.

I’ve stood in the snow, in my bare feet!

This is my life, and I must say;

I am loving it living, from day to day.


~Samuel

No comments: