Friday, November 19, 2021

Birthday Diversity

This year's birthday celebration was full of diversity.  While not really planned for my birthday, we bought a new to us 2010 Chevy Suburban. 


Since I worked the night before and then with sleeping in the morning,  we then went to look at the car and then purchased it! We had been keeping our eyes peeled for the right car.  We were blessed to find one nearby. 


After sleeping, purchasing the car and getting the title and license, a large part of October 13th had passed. I had originally thought that I would take the children to a ball diamond and play a little baseball with them. Since time had slipped away, we opted for delicious cheese-sticks from Huck's and a movie about baseball!


We watched the 1950 Jackie Robinson Story, where he played himself and Babe Ruth did as well. After viewing the movie, I believe that Rhonda has a new favorite baseball player.  



We capped off the evening with nice gifts, notes, and my favorite traditional Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Penuche Icing! Life is good at fifty eight!

~Mark

No comments: