Thursday, November 16, 2023

A Wonderful Way To Entertain


I like to entertain all my little nieces and nephews. They like to hear the stories I tell them during their stay at our house. My idea of the best way is by using puppets or stuffed animals to amuse them.


I make the puppet shows, and they love it. I just come up with the shows. I don’t do anything special from a story book, but when I get better, I think it would be fun to start to do it that way.


To make it even cooler, I attempt to make my mouth not move. I can convince the younger ones, but the older ones are uncertain and merely just go along with it. I need a lot more talent and skill to convince the older ones. They know that I’m making the sounds from my own mouth.


Did you know that puppets have been used since the earliest times to animate and communicate people’s ideas? Puppetry takes many types, but they all act out a story by making the puppet look like it comes alive.


Mom gave me a sheet of words to practice ventriloquism. Ventriloquism is when someone doesn’t move their mouth so that the puppet looks like it’s talking. You can see the puppeteer and the puppet together. The person really is talking without their lips moving. He moves the head, arms, and mouth of the puppet with his hands, which makes the puppet look more real. I hope my nephews and nieces do not see my mouth move! Mama told me that I was doing a good job talking with my mouth closed and that I might enjoy practicing the sheet of words. I completed all the words and performed the one skit that was on the paper.


I practiced more and more, and the more I practiced, the better I progressed. I am hoping to make my next show for all of my nieces and nephews. This time, I hope they all will be convinced. Isn’t that a wonderful way to entertain?

~Unique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great Aunt. The children are very blessed to have you.