Thursday, August 17, 2023

That's the Way To Have Fun!


Most people in this world like having fun. My brothers and I love having fun! We sometimes do crazy things to have fun- things like battling wasps with only sticks, tennis rackets, and basketballs! One of my favorite things we do is the trampoline free-for-all fights!


The rules of a trampoline free-for-all are simple, no biting, no pulling hair, spitting, pinching, but most of all, there is absolutely NO TICKLING! In order to become the king of the trampoline, you must receive the words from every person that you fight, “I surrender!” You don’t have to surrender, but if and when you do, your attacker must stop whatever he’s doing to you instantly.


I was once pinned by Jonah and Isaac, but I wouldn’t surrender! They twisted my arms behind my back and asked surrender, but I would simply answer, “Never!” They would be frogging my arms and legs constantly, but I still wouldn’t surrender! Frogging your arm is a cool thing!


In order to frog yourself, you must extend your arm with the palm facing up, then with your other hand, you will make a fist and hit the bicep of the extended arm quick and hard! If hit just right, the spot where you hit, will quickly rise up into an odd-looking lump! After about five seconds, the lump will disappear! If you continue frogging yourself in the same spot, the area might get a little bruised.


I would oftentimes break loose from the holds of my bother, and then once loose, I would attack one or both boys at a time! I would pen one of the boys down, while blocking the blows from the other! While I am busy blocking blows my prisoner would often escape! 


The boys would have me pinned shortly after that, trying to make me surrender. The only words they would get from my mouth, was “Never!” That fight lasted until dinner, which was about 2 hours from when it started!


We don’t often have a trampoline free-for-all, but once one has started, it can last for hours! Dad always says, “We work hard, and play hard- in that order.” After we have worked hard, we still like to play hard on the trampoline. Now that’s the way to have fun!

~Samuel

No comments: