Friday, June 14, 2024

So Much More


As of 2012, my parents have blessed (and continue to bless) their daughters and granddaughters with Titus 2 kits. Every Christmas from birth to age twenty, a young lady receives an item for her kit. The first year, a toolbox is given. In the years to follow, high quality items are added to the kit that are to better the life of her as a homemaker. 


Titus 2:4-5 directs older women to encourage the younger women to be keepers at home. Our Titus 2 kits are a step in the right direction for honoring the word of God! Preparation from birth is beneficial and advantageous. I always find it VERY exciting to store away a precious item for the betterment of my future life.


So that they (older women) may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored. Titus 2:5


Right now, while I am yet unmarried, I learn everything I can about everything I can, while helping with the family ministry. Though I hope to marry, there are many works that can be undertaken as a single young lady for the greater glory of God! The family and farm is a ministry in and of itself.


In our kits, there are many items to support the encouragement given toward our future home. To name a few of those objects…


There are measuring cups and spoons to help provide delicious food for my family. Sewing supplies are given to hem too-long jeans or curtains with, make blankets, or craft a teddy bear waiting to be loved by a child.


I have paintbrushes to paint my own art for room décor, stationary for a letter of encouragement to a friend or family member, or even a child’s clothing. (Some of my favorite sweatshirts when I was little were the ones Mama painted a fun picture on!) 


Stapler, tape dispenser, hole punch, first aid supplies, crochet hooks and knitting needles, house tools, mortar and pestle, rotary cutters, scissors, the family cookbook, icing bags, tips and spatulas, and many more items are all in a box in my closet just waiting to be put into use someday in my future. These items may seem small and insignificant in part, but I treasure each and every one of them. What makes icing tips so important? They are not going to make or break you in your married life. No, but, when lit by the light of birthday candles you see the pure joy of a child who adores the beautifully decorated cake set before him, you realize that all that time spent learning everything you can about everything you can, and the gift of icing tips were a tool of making such a precious memory…And it is all worth it.


The idea of our Titus 2 kits is so much more than being able to make good food, beautiful art, clothing and quilts. It is the idea that we can make use of them all for the glory of the King!
~Jayla

1 comment:

A Pack said...

Jayla what a wonderful story . Your Parents have/ are doing such a wonderful job at raising you all .This is such a beautiful thing to do for you all .