Thursday, April 6, 2023

My Own Blackberry Mini Pies


I like to cook; cooking is a lot of fun. I wanted to make something new. So yesterday, Mama showed me how to make something special. They’re called blackberry mini pies. They are so tasty. I made six little ones completely by myself. There’s only a few steps to making these unique little pies.


All you need to make them is…

First Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

1 ½ c. flour

¾ tsp. salt

Mix together then add…

4 ½ oz. Crisco

Mix together with a pastry blender, till it’s the texture of coarse cornmeal.

Add 3- 3 ¼ Tbsp. of ice water. (or enough to make the dough stick together.)

Then you gather the dough up with a fork then press it in a ball shape. Put flour on the table then roll the dough till flat. Then cut out little circles. Then place them on a cookie sheet.

Now add a big spoonful of blackberry pie filling into the center of each little circle, wet the edges of the dough, and place another circle on top of the pie filling.


Use a Cut and seal hand pie maker to press the circles together. If you don’t have one, then you can use a cookie cutter for the circles and flatten the edges with a fork. Then stick them in the oven for fifteen minutes, and that’s it.


You can make other kinds of pies if you want just to change the pie filling in the middle.

That’s how I make my own blackberry mini pies.

~Unique

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go ! UNIQUELY MADE!!! ☺️ ☺️



Anonymous said...

They look yummy unique! 😋